This church near Edirnekapı at Istanbul is famous for its mosaics and frescoes. It was built by Maria Dukaina, mother – in – law of Byzantine Emperor Alexius Komnenos, and was later expanded. It was dedicated to Jesus Christ. Most of the mosaics and frescoes were made during 1305-1320. It was converted into a mosque during the
reign of Bayezit II. It was restored in 1929, the mosaics revealed and, after Ayasofia, was opened to public as a museum. It is also referred to as the Mosaic Museum.